What's CLEAR-DOc ?
CLEAR-Doc aims at attracting, at Université Gustave Eiffel, 30 promising early stage researchers (PhD students) from all around the world in the field of the “City of tomorrow” in order to improve their research capacity and soft skills through high quality and fair selection and supervision, allowing them to easily enter in the public or private employment market
the "3i" priotities : International - Intersectoral - Interdisicplinary
CLEAR-Doc co-funding will stimulate and improve the existing institutional doctoral programme and foster excellence in PhDs’ inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary training, international mobility and career development. This doctoral programme focuses on all research areas related to cities including living conditions and mobility
In the Spotlight
CLEAR-Doc's final selection call #1 : 15 applicants selected !
CLEAR-Doc's auditions were held from the 13th to the 17th June 2022.
51 auditions were conducted by the experts evaluators alongside with a member of the CLEAR-Doc management team and a member of the Ethics & Quality Board.
CLEAR-Doc management team is very glad to announce that 15 applicants were selected !
|Panel ENG||Panel ES||Panel MCSCT||Panel SSH||Panel ST|
CLEAR-Doc's PhD students will conduct their researches on the following PhD topics :
- Analysis of the mechanisms relating to tire / road wear in relation to the emissions of fine particles
- Climate Change Vulnerability and Risk Assessment of Urban Pavements
- Multi-functional urban pavement to reduce climate change and contribute to a circular economy
- Optimised vegetal wools for indoor comfort: coupling fire treatment with acoustic and hygrothermal performances
- Semi-probabilistic assessment of existing urban structures to climate change
- Refreshing urban transit environments in the Euro-Mediterranean region: thermographic modelling and low-tech renovation of hubs
- Food Water Soil: Enhancing urban resilience capacity by multifunctional urban edible areas - Focus on the nexus Food Water Soil
- Recycled materials for urban gardens
- Study of the impact of biomass on sewage cementitiouos materials by micro- Raman analysis
- Consideration of the characteristics of the infrastructure for the development of a driver assistance system for bicycles
- Surveillance of pavement structural health using RFID traffic/load sensor data
- Prospective mobility to horizon 2060
- Si-based architectures for High data rate A-RoF applications
- Development of a tool for predicting the risk of shoulder injuries for wheelchair users during propulsion while moving in cities
- Optimisation of particle transport in polydisperse dense granular flows : towards sustainable processes
Introducing « CLEAR-DOC » Programme: City Lab Education and Research Doctoral programme
The CLEAR-Doc COFUND Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims at attracting at Université Gustave Eiffel 30 promising PhD Students from around the world working in the field of the "City of tomorrow".
The programme is uniquely shaped to offer the best training stemming from the "triple i" principles of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions:
Through CLEAR-Doc, Université Gustave EIffel is in a unique position to offer the best conditions for doctoral training, based on :
- The principles of the European Charter for Researchers
- The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers,
- The EU Principles for Innovative Doctorate Training.
Two Annual international Calls for applicants
- 15 positions in 2022 and 15 Positions in 2023
- 36 months full time position
- Transparent and merit-based international selection process
- Attractive salary and research package for the PhD student
- Excellent supervision
- Mandatory international secondment(s)
Six Curricula to address the challenges of the "City of Tomorrow"
CLEAR-Doc will stimulate and improve the existing institutional doctoral programme and foster excellence in PhDs' inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary training, mobility and career development. This doctoral programme focuses on all research areas related to Cities including living conditions and mobility through 6 thematic fields :
- C1 Civil engineering for carbon-neutral urban areas
- C2 Safety, security and risk management within the city
- C3 Technology enhanced solutions for smart cities
- C4 Service design for future sustainable cities
- C5 Sustainable urban life and tourism
- C6 Circular economy for urban citizens