What's CLEAR-DOc ?
CLEAR-Doc aims at attracting, at Université Gustave Eiffel, 30 promising early stage researchers (PhD students) from all around the world in the field of the “City of tomorrow” in order to improve their research capacity and soft skills through high quality and fair selection and supervision, allowing them to easily enter in the public or private employment market
the "3i" priotities : International - Intersectoral - Interdisicplinary
CLEAR-Doc co-funding will stimulate and improve the existing institutional doctoral programme and foster excellence in PhDs’ inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary training, international mobility and career development. This doctoral programme focuses on all research areas related to cities including living conditions and mobility
Online briefing for the CLEAR-Doc's Experts Evaluators
CLEAR-Doc's experts evaluators are reunited on the 25th and 26th April for an online briefing. This mandatory online briefing will be used to:
- Present CLEAR-Doc's project and its objectives
- Present and explain the evaluation criteria of step 1
- Raise awarness on the risks of gender and racial discrimination during the evaluation
- Discover the non-discrimination mesures undertake by the Management team during the evaluation
The Experts-Evaluators will be invited to a 2nd online briefing in order to receive new guidelines for step 2 (the auditions).
Experts-Evaluators, what do they do ?
CLEAR-Doc's experts evaluators are in charge of:
- Evaluating the applications which has been declared eligible (step 1 - Applicant's files selection)
- Evaluating the candidates whom passed the step 1, through an online audition (step 2 - Auditions)
- Participates to a consensus meeting to pre-approve the ranking scenario of the applications based on Stage 1 and Stage 2 scores of the applicants while taking into consideration the rating differences between the 5 panels.
Experts-Evalutors, who are they ?
The Experts-Evalutors of CLEAR-Doc applied to a call for experts. They come from different backgrounds (academic and non-academic) knowing the local context and targeted job market.
They are divided in 5 evaluation panels according to their expertise:
- Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
- Environmental Sciences (ES)
- Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Communication Technologies (MCSCT)
- Engineering (ENG)
- Sciences and Technologie (ST)
Need some more information regarding the Experts-Evaluators ? Take a look at the "Guide for Expert".
Introducing « CLEAR-DOC » Programme: City Lab Education and Research Doctoral programme
The CLEAR-Doc COFUND Doctoral Fellowship Programme aims at attracting at Université Gustave Eiffel 30 promising PhD Students from around the world working in the field of the "City of tomorrow".
The programme is uniquely shaped to offer the best training stemming from the "triple i" principles of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions:
Through CLEAR-Doc, Université Gustave EIffel is in a unique position to offer the best conditions for doctoral training, based on :
- The principles of the European Charter for Researchers
- The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers,
- The EU Principles for Innovative Doctorate Training.
Two Annual international Calls for applicants
- 15 positions in 2022 and 15 Positions in 2023
- 36 months full time position
- Transparent and merit-based international selection process
- Attractive salary and research package for the PhD student
- Excellent supervision
- Mandatory international secondment(s)
Six Curricula to address the challenges of the "City of Tomorrow"
CLEAR-Doc will stimulate and improve the existing institutional doctoral programme and foster excellence in PhDs' inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary training, mobility and career development. This doctoral programme focuses on all research areas related to Cities including living conditions and mobility through 6 thematic fields :
- C1 Civil engineering for carbon-neutral urban areas
- C2 Safety, security and risk management within the city
- C3 Technology enhanced solutions for smart cities
- C4 Service design for future sustainable cities
- C5 Sustainable urban life and tourism
- C6 Circular economy for urban citizens