The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled so that the application can be evaluated by the Selection Committee. Applications not meeting all the criteria will not be evaluated and will be rejected.
Applicants must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- At the time of the deadline, applicants must be in possession or finalizing their Master’s degree or equivalent/postgraduate degree.
- At the time of recruitment, applicants must be in possession of their Master’s degree or equivalent/postgraduate degree which would formally entitle to embark on a doctorate.
- At the time of the deadline, applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career (career breaks excluded) and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. Career breaks refer to periods of time where the candidate was not active in research, regardless of his/her employment status (sick leave, maternity leave etc). Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.
- At the time of the deadline, applicants must fulfil the transnational mobility rule: incoming applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 previous years.
- One application per call per year is allowed.
- Applicants must be available full-time to start the programme on schedule (November 1st 2023).
Application rules are enforced by the French doctoral system which specifies a standard duration of 3 years for a full-time PhD together with the MSCA standards and the OTM-R European rules as follows. Citizens of any nationality may apply to the programme. There is no age limit. For further information, the applicant may refer to the Guide for applicants (download here).